TT courses from SafeTTy Systems Ltd and our approved Training Partners
Training courses from SafeTTy Systems Ltd and our approved Training Partners are intended for engineers and engineering managers who need to create reliable, safe and secure embedded systems with real-time characteristics.
All of our courses have a focus on the development of time-triggered (TT) designs.
Our introductory course (TTa) describes generic (TT) techniques that can be applied in real-time embedded systems that are employed in a wide range of different sectors.
Our more advanced course (TTb) supports the development of “functionally safe” embedded systems in compliance with international safety standards (including ISO 26262, IEC 61508, DO-178 and IEC 60730). This course is intended primarily for organisations that are working with (or considering the use of) TT designs that incorporate ReliabiliTTy® technology.
[This page was last updated: 2017-01-20]
- TTa: Foundations of Reliable Embedded Systems (Level 1)
- TTb: The Engineering of Reliable Embedded Systems (Level 2)
We also offer:
- Taster Days: these are 1-day on-site training / consultancy sessions that are delivered on a worldwide basis.
Courses delivered by SafeTTy Systems Ltd
Our TTa course is also delivered “on line”: this allows participants to learn at their own pace over a period of up to 6 months.
We sometimes deliver public versions of our TTb course in the UK: please contact us for information about forthcoming public training courses.
Courses delivered by our Training Partners
Microdevice Technologies operate as our Training Partner in Mumbai (India).
Founded in 2005, Microdevice Technologies is a highly-experienced training provider in the fields of embedded systems, IT and related areas. They provide their training services to professional engineers, government organisations and to schools. Since the company was formed, they have successfully trained more than 10,000 people.
Microdevice Technologies offer public versions of our ‘TTa’ (Level 1) and ‘TTb’ (Level 2) courses in Mumbai.
They also offer a public ‘Level 0’ course on ‘Embedded C’: this course provides an ideal foundation for the TTa and TTb courses.
Further information about TT training in Mumbai can be found on the Microdevice website.
SafeTTy Certified™ programme
Our courses can be taken on a “stand alone” basis or as part of the SafeTTy Certified™ programme.
This internationally-recognised programme is designed to help people obtain the skills needed to develop safe, reliable and secure embedded systems – and provide evidence that they possess such skills.
The programme starts at “Level 1” and progresses to “Level 3”.
In our view:
- Level 1 represents the minimum qualification level that should be expected from an individual involved in the development of real-time embedded systems that are intended to be reliable, but where failure has no direct safety implications.
- Level 2 represents the minimum qualification level that should be expected from an individual involved in the development of real-time embedded systems that may have some safety implications (for example, designs developed in compliance with IEC 61508 or in compliance with ISO 26262), and / or where system failure could prove very expensive (e.g. deep-sea products, satellite systems).
- Level 3 represents an appropriate qualification level for an individual who is involved in the development of real-time embedded systems that are safety-critical in nature (for example, designs developed in compliance with IEC 61508 up to ‘SIL 3’ / ‘SIL 4’ or in compliance with ISO 26262 up to “ASIL D”, or in compliance with DO-178C up to “Level A”).
Further information is available here.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our training courses.