ReliabiliTTy® Technology Licences
In order to support organisations that wish to develop ‘Time Triggered‘ embedded systems in compliance with international safety standards, we offer a range of cost-effective ReliabiliTTy® Technology Licences (RTLs).
Further information about RTLs is provided on this page.
The majority of our customers purchase their RTL as part of a cost-effective SafeTTy Solutions™ package.
[This page was lasted updated: 2020-06-05]
Many of our customers purchase a ReliabiliTTy Technology Evaluation Licence (RTEL) package as a means of exploring our technology and developing their first TT design.
Learn more about RTEL packages …
RTLs and related SafeTTy Solutions™ packages allow use of the following patented technology (under the terms of the customer’s specific RTL):
- Pont, M.J. (2018) “A framework as well as method for developing time-triggered computer systems with multiple system modes”, SafeTTy Systems Ltd, EU Patent No. 3,039,542.
- Pont, M.J. (2017) “A framework as well as method for developing time-triggered computer systems with multiple system modes”, SafeTTy Systems Ltd, US Patent No. 9,830,211.
- Pont, M.J. (2016) “A monitoring unit as well as method for predicting abnormal operation of time-triggered computer systems”, SafeTTy Systems Ltd, UK Patent no. 2,526,082.
- Pont, M.J. (2016) “A framework as well as method for developing time-triggered computer systems with multiple system modes”, SafeTTy Systems Ltd, UK Patent no. 2,526,083.
Further patents have been applied for.
In addition, RTLs allow use of the following technology and code examples (under the terms of the customer’s specific RTL):
- the ‘Time-Triggered Reference Designs‘ (TTRDs) and related techniques described in the ‘ERES‘ books;
- complete CorrelaTTor® and DuplicaTTor® code platforms (when provided as part of a SafeTTy Solutions™ package);
- the code examples and related techniques described in the ‘PTTES‘ book;
- the code examples and related techniques described in the ‘Embedded C‘ book.
We offer ReliabiliTTy licences in three categories: RTL0; RTL2 and RTL4.
The categories are related to a maximum ‘Safety Integrity Level’ (SIL) – or equivalent – of the projects in which the licences may be applied.
A summary of the links between licence categories and SILs is given in the table below.
- RTLx licensees can work with microcontrollers from any manufacturer.
- RTLx licensees can work with compilers and other software tools from any manufacturer.
- All licence categories (RTL0, RTL2 and RTL4) allow use of the recommended TT Platforms described in the ‘ERES2‘ book (CorrelaTTor®, DecomposiTTor®, DuplicaTTor®). This means (for example) that an RTL0 licensee could use a CorrelaTTor or DuplicaTTor platform (in a design that was not safety related), if such a platform was felt to be an appropriate solution for the product in question.
- RTL0 licences are typically purchased in order to allow use of the techniques and code presented in the ‘PTTES‘ book and / or ERES2 books in commercial projects that do not have safety implications.
The above notes are intended to summarise some of the key terms of RTLx icences: please also consider the information provided below and contact us if you have any questions about these licence arrangements.
In addition to Evaluation Licences, we offer Product Licences, Multi-Product Licences and Custom Licences.
Product Licences allow the design, manufacture and sale of a single identified product that incorporates ReliabiliTTy technology.
Multi-Product Licences allow the design, manufacture and sale of multiple products that incorporate ReliabiliTTy technology in a single location.
Custom Licences support more complicated requirements, including design and manufacture across multiple locations.
Please contact us for further information.
Current licence fees are as follows.
- RTL0: £5,000
- RTL2: £30,000
- RTL4: £50,000
- RTL0: £25,000
- RTL2: £150,000
- RTL4: £250,000
Please contact us for further information about custom licences, or with any other questions about our licence fees.
Many of our customers purchase their RTL as part of a cost-effective SafeTTy Solutions™ package.
Fees quoted are in UK Pounds and may be subject to VAT depending on your location. Formal quotations are always provided.
Use of ReliabliliTTy technology in defence systems
By default, we do not provide RTLs for use in defence systems.
The use of any products and technology in defence systems may involve discussions with the relevant authorities about export control regulations.
If you wish to obtain an RTL for use in defence systems, please contact us to discuss this matter before placing your order.
University / college licences
We are happy to for universities and colleges to use our public TTRDs (without charge) in courses for which a degree up to and including “MSc” level (or equivalent) is awarded. No licence is required.
Use of the techniques and code examples described in the ERES books in university research projects (including PhD-level programmes and equivalent) or in commercial training courses delivered by a university or college (for example, professional “short courses” for which no degree is awarded) always requires a licence.
Please contact us for details.
How to order
Please contact us to place your order.
Formal quotations for ReliabiliTTy Technology Licences can be provided, on request.
Please contact us for further information.
All stated fees are in UK Pounds and may be subject to VAT (depending on your location).