Consultancy Services from SafeTTy Systems™
From our base in the UK Midlands, we provide support for organisations across the world that need to create software for real-time embedded systems that are safe, reliable and secure.
Our customers are typically involved in the development of automotive, industrial, medical, rail, aircraft or space systems, in compliance with ISO 26262, IEC 61508 and related international standards and guidelines.
If your organisation needs to create safe and reliable embedded systems – in any sector, in any part of the world – then we may be able to help.
We provide further information about our consultancy services on this page.
[This page was last updated: 2018-08-16]
How can we help?
The support that we provide to organisations through our consultancy programme varies on a project-by-project basis, but may include:
- Providing a “TT Software Consultant” for your safety-related project (in any sector).
- Providing a software consultant for your automotive project (helping you to achieve compliance with ISO 26262)
- Providing a software consultant for your industrial control project (helping you to achieve compliance with IEC 61508 and related standards)
- Providing a software consultant for your machinery project (helping you to achieve compliance with ISO 13849 and related standards)
- Providing a software consultant for your medical project (helping you to achieve compliance with IEC 62304 and related standards)
- Providing a software consultant for your aerospace project (helping you to achieve compliance with DO-178C and related standards and guidelines)
- Providing a software consultant for your household-goods project (helping you to achieve compliance with IEC 60730, IEC 60335 and related standards)
- Assisting with software development, including design, programming and code reviews.
- Advising on staffing requirements.
- Assisting with staff training.
- Advising on toolset requirements, including compilers and related library code.
- Assisting with the creation or review of project documentation.
Who will do the work?
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all of our consultancy activities are carried out personally by Dr Michael J. Pont.
Dr Pont has more than 20 years of experience in the development of successful ‘Time Triggered‘ (TT) systems in the university sector, as CEO of TTE Systems Ltd, and as Founder and CEO at SafeTTy Systems Ltd.
Projects that Dr Pont has contributed to include automotive designs, industrial controllers, machinery monitors, medical systems, household goods, aircraft systems and space systems.
How do we start?
In most cases, our discussions with a new customer begin with a ‘phone conversation of around 30 minutes, in order to explore options. We make no charge for this call.
If – after the initial call – you wish to proceed (and we think we can help), we will be happy to arrange a meeting on your site.
How much will it cost?
Our typical fee for a one-day (on site) consultation is £1500.
Fees quoted are in UK Pounds and may be subject to VAT. Depending on your location, an additional fee may be charged to offset travel and accommodation costs: any and all such fees will – of course – be agreed in advance. Formal quotations can be provided.
Some of our design solutions may require purchase of a ReliabiliTTy Technology Licence.
Example: Support for your ISO 26262 project
At present, many of our customers require support for ISO 26262 projects.
For example, we can assist organisations that wish to ‘qualify’ individual components (including software components) for use in ISO 26262 systems.
Known in ISO 26262 as ‘Safety Element out of Context’ (SEooC) projects, our role will typically involve assisting your design team to obtain an SEooC certificate (e.g. an ‘ASIL D certificate’) for your product from third-party organisations such as TÜV.
In such projects we can – for example – perform a ‘gap analysis’, provide design advice, assist with documentation (including the Safety Manual) and support Verification Reviews. We can also support your liaison with TÜV (or a similar organisation).
Please contact us for further information about the support that we can provide for your ISO 26262 project.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our consultancy services.