At SafeTTy Systems, we help our customers to create software for products that are reliable, secure and safe, and in compliance (where required) with one or more international safety standards: IEC 61508, ISO 26262, DO-178C, IEC 62304, IEC 60730 …
The designs that we work on are typically based on low-cost, off-the-shelf microcontrollers, provided by a range of different semiconductor manufacturers (we are not tied to any particular hardware platform).
- SafeTTy Solutions™ packages, where we work with our customer’s development team to deliver the product software;
- SafeTTy Outsource™ services, where we perform some or all of the software development activity for our customer;
- ReliabiliTTy® Technology Licences, where our customers develop their own software designs using our technology.
We also offer:
- A flexible consultancy service;
- Various training courses on TT software architecture with a formal staff certification programme;
- The popular ‘ERES2‘ book and associated ‘Time-Triggered Reference Designs‘ (TTRDs);
- Specialised evaluation hardware for safety-related and safety-critical systems;
We are a UK company with a worldwide customer base.
Our popular ‘ERES2’ book is available as a paperback for just £45
Did you know that ‘The Engineering of Reliable Embedded Systems’ (ERES2) is available in a low-cost paperback format?
This popular book documents an industry-proven approach to the development of software for reliable, real-time embedded systems, based on the use of ‘Time Triggered’ (TT) architectures.
The case studies in ERES2 describe the development of software for the following products: [i] an industrial alarm sounder unit (IEC 61508, SIL 2); [ii] a domestic washing machine (IEC 60730, Class B); [iii] a hospital radiotherapy machine (IEC 60601-1; IEC 62304, Class C); [iv] a steering-column lock for a passenger car (ISO 26262, ASIL D); and [v] an aircraft jet engine (DO-178C, Level A).
You’ll find further information on the ERES2 page.
Our ‘ERES2’ book is accompanied by a growing suite of public ‘Time-Triggered Reference Designs‘ (TTRDs).
Used in conjunction with the book, these code examples are designed to illustrate ways in which TT software architectures can be used to support the development of a wide range of embedded systems for which safety is a key design consideration.
The latest suite of public TTRDs can be downloaded from our TTRD page.
Join us at AutoSens in Brussels (17-20 September 2018)
We are pleased to announce that Dr Michael J. Pont (Founder and CEO, SafeTTy Systems Ltd) has been invited to present at the AutoSens event in Brussels in September 2018.
The team at AutoSens argue that:
Before cars can be connected, engineers must first connect. The most influential vehicle perception event, invites 800 of the world’s leading minds in ADAS and autonomous vehicles to meet again throughout 2018. The AutoSens experience is replicated on both sides of the Atlantic, with events at at AutoWorld in Brussels, Belgium, and the Michigan Science Center in Detroit, Michigan USA. Two exclusive, unique venues providing the perfect backdrop for the continuation of technical discussion concerning the future of vehicle perception technology. The show in Detroit took place in May, and the flagship event in Brussels takes place this September with an Awards Ceremony. Each event is a week of discussions, collaborations, debates, business meetings, interactive learning, autonomous driving demonstrations and technology showcasing.
In Brussels, Dr Pont will give a presentation entitled: “Improving confidence in the safety of ADAS and AV designs that incorporate ‘unqualified’ software or hardware components”.
Learn more about this presentation …
Dr Pont comments: “The development of safe and reliable autonomous road vehicles presents a very significant challenge, and the AutoSens event in Brussels will provide an excellent opportunity for discussions. Some of our automotive customers have also been invited to present at this event, and I look forward to hearing what they have to say. In addition, I hope to have the opportunity to meet some new organisations that we may be able to support in the future with our state-of-the-art ‘Time Triggered’ technology.”
SafeTTy Outsource™ Service
We offer a SafeTTy Outsource™ service, where we develop some or all of the software needed for our customer’s product.
This service is primarily intended to support software development in compliance with international standards and guidelines, such as:
- Automotive: ISO 26262 (to ‘ASIL D’);
- Industrial / Machinery: IEC 61508 (to ‘SIL 3’) and / or ISO 13849 (‘PL e’);
- Medical: IEC 62304 (to ‘Class C’);
- Household goods: IEC 60730 (‘Class C’).
Where required, we can provide both full source code and all of the documentation – software requirements, software architecture, test & verification plan … – needed to support a third-party assessment of the software (e.g. to make your product ‘SIL 3’ or ‘ASIL D’ compliant).
Learn more about the SafeTTy Outsource service …
Our popular Taster Day programme is delivered on your company site.
Taster Days have been designed:
- to explain how state-of-the-art TT architectures can support the engineering of embedded systems that are reliable, secure and safe; and,
- to allow you to determine the level of benefit that use of such a TT architecture in your next project may offer for your organisation.
Following your Taster Day:
- you are under no obligation to make further purchases from SafeTTy Systems;
- where required, we can support your team as they create their first successful TT design by means of a fully-customised SafeTTy Solutions™ package;
Learn more about Taster Days …
ReliabiliTTy® Technology Evaluation Licence
Our ReliabiliTTy Technology Evaluation Licence (RTEL) packages provide a cost-effective and time-efficient way of exploring the benefits that our state-of-the-art TT technology can provide for your business.
- include 2 days of one-to-one design support, helping to ensure that your team can develop their first TT prototype successfully, at minimal cost;
- may also include our popular TTb Training Course (delivered on your company site);
- provide an excellent foundation for a SafeTTy Solutions™ package.
Learn more about RTEL packages …
The SafeTTy Certified™ Programme
The internationally-recognised SafeTTy Certified programme is designed to help people obtain the skills needed to develop reliable, secure and safe embedded systems using ‘Time Triggered‘ (TT) software architectures – and provide evidence that they possess such skills.
The programme starts at “Level 1” (L1) and progresses to “Level 3” (L3).
In our view:
- Level 1 represents the minimum qualification level that should be expected from an individual involved in the development of real-time embedded systems that are intended to be reliable, but where failure has no direct safety implications.
- Level 2 represents the minimum qualification level that should be expected from an individual involved in the development of real-time embedded systems that may have some safety implications (for example, designs developed in compliance with IEC 61508 or in compliance with ISO 26262), and / or where system failure could prove very expensive (e.g. deep-sea products, satellite systems).
- Level 3 represents an appropriate qualification level for an individual who is involved in the development of real-time embedded systems that are safety-critical in nature (for example, designs developed in compliance with IEC 61508 up to ‘SIL 3’ / ‘SIL 4’ or in compliance with ISO 26262 up to “ASIL D”, or in compliance with DO-178C up to “Level A”).
Please note that:
- For more experienced developers, we offer the option of Direct Entry to L2 courses: this means that it is not necessary to complete L1 of this programme before attempting the intermediate-level training and examination.
- All three levels can be taken online: this option is particularly popular where a single developer in an organisation wishes to complete the programme.
Learn more about the SafeTTy Certified programme …
– Investigate our specialised Evaluation Hardware for safety-related systems –