SafeTTy Systems Ltd
From our base in the UK Midlands, we provide support for organisations across the world that need to create real-time embedded systems that are safe, reliable and secure.
Many of our customers need to achieve compliance with IEC 61508, ISO 26262, DO-178 and related international safety standards and guidelines. We help them to meet these requirements through the use of state-of-the-art “Time-Triggered” (TT) software architectures.
Members of our team have been involved in the creation of successful TT designs for more than two decades. Over this period, we’ve developed several highly-effective new design solutions: these have allowed our customers to obtain the benefits of a TT approach in products ranging from satellite systems to household goods.
To support our customers, we offer:
- a series of popular books on TT systems and functional safety, including the recently-published ‘ERES2‘;
- specialised consultancy services delivered by Dr Michael J. Pont;
- advanced DuplicaTTor® evaluation boards and related support packages;
- an internationally-recognised staff certification programme for developers of software for safety-related embedded systems;
- flexible ReliabiliTTy® licences that provide cost-effective access to our patented technology;
- introductory Taster Days that explore the benefits of TT systems (delivered on your company site);
- fully customisable SafeTTy Solutions™ packages that help our customers to produce safety-related TT embedded systems.
Our popular ‘ERES2’ book is now available as a paperback
The popular ERES2 book documents an industry-proven approach to the development of software for reliable, real-time embedded systems, based on the use of ‘Time Triggered’ (TT) architectures.
The case studies in ERES2 describe the development of software for the following products: [i] an industrial alarm sounder unit (IEC 61508, SIL 2); [ii] a domestic washing machine (IEC 60730, Class B); [iii] a hospital radiotherapy machine (IEC 60601-1; IEC 62304, Class C); [iv] a steering-column lock for a passenger car (ISO 26262, ASIL D); and [v] an aircraft jet engine (DO-178C, Level A).
You’ll find further information on the ERES2 page.
New online training option (ISO 26262, IEC 61508 …)
Our TTb course is designed to provide the core skills needed to develop software in compliance with IEC 61508, ISO 26262 and related international safety standards using ‘Time Triggered’ (TT) architectures.
Since 2014, we’ve delivered this popular course on many customer sites around the world: so far, we’ve introduced around 150 engineers to the use of TT architectures in safety-related systems by means of this 3-day course, with a class size of around 6 being typical.
We appreciate that for individuals and small teams, on-site training can be a little expensive. We also appreciate that it can be difficult for any organisation to have their whole development team attend a training course at the same time.
To address these challenges, we’ve introduced a highly cost-effective online version of our TTb course.
Learn more – and watch a ‘course trailer’ – on our TTb page.