Consultancy Services from SafeTTy Systems Ltd
We have helped numerous organisations to develop their first ‘SIL X’ / ‘ASIL X’ and similar safety-related projects by means of our consultancy services, combined (where required) with our Training Services and / or ReliabiliTTy® Technology Licences.
We provide further information about our consultancy services on this page.
The majority of our customers purchase our consultancy services as part of a cost-effective SafeTTy Solution™ package.[This page was last updated: 2017-08-16]
How can we help?
The support that we provide to organisations through our consultancy programme varies on a project-by-project basis, but may include:
- Providing design advice or independent reviews for your ISO 26262 project. We have experience supporting projects up to ‘ASIL D’.
- Providing design advice or independent reviews for your IEC 61508 project. We have experience supporting projects up to ‘SIL 3’.
- Providing a “TT Consultant” for your project. We have experience supporting a wide range of TT projects over many years.
- Assisting with the creation or review of project documentation.
- Assisting with staff training.
- Assisting with software development, including design, programming and code reviews.
- Advising on staffing requirements.
- Advising on toolset requirements, including compilers and related library code.
Example: Support for your ISO 26262 project
At present, many of our customers require support for ISO 26262 projects.
For example, we can assist organisations that wish to ‘qualify’ individual components (including software components) for use in ISO 26262 systems.
Known in ISO 26262 as ‘Safety Element out of Context’ (SEooC) projects, our role will typically involve assisting your design team to obtain an SEooC certificate (e.g. an ‘ASIL D certificate’) for your product from third-party organisations such as TÜV.
In such projects we can – for example – perform a ‘gap analysis’, provide design advice, assist with documentation (including the Safety Manual) and support Verification Reviews. We can also support your liaison with TÜV.
Please contact us for further information about the support that we can provide for your ISO 26262 project.
How do we start?
In most cases, our discussions with a new customer begin with a ‘phone conversation of around 30 minutes, in order to explore options. We make no charge for this call.
If – after the initial call – you wish to proceed (and we think we can help), we will be happy to arrange a meeting on your site.
How much will it cost?
Our typical fee for a one-day (on site) consultation is £1500.
For longer-term projects, our typical fee is £1000 / day.
Fees quoted are in UK Pounds and may be subject to VAT. Depending on your location, an additional fee may be charged to offset travel and accommodation costs: any and all such fees will – of course – be agreed in advance. Formal quotations can be provided.
Some of our design solutions may require purchase of a ReliabiliTTy Technology Licence.
Who will do the work?
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all of our consultancy activities are carried out personally by Dr Michael J. Pont.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our consultancy services.