DuplicaTTor® Evaluation Board (DEB-0405)
The DuplicaTTor® Evaluation Board (DEB-0405) is primarily intended to support developers that need to meet the requirements of IEC 61508 (up to SIL 3), ISO 13849 (up to Pl e Cat 4) and related international safety standards using ‘Time Triggered‘ (TT) software architectures.
We provide further information about the DEB-0405 on this page.
[This page was lasted updated: 2017-10-21]
The photograph shows ‘Release 1’ (DEB-0405-R001): we are currently shipping ‘Release 2’ (DEB-0405-R002).
DEB User Guide
For further information about the DuplicaTTor Evaluation Board, please download the latest User Guide.[Latest User Guide: DEB-0405-R002-UG-V01C (released 2017-10-21)]
Two independent hardware channels
In order to meet the requirements of IEC 61508 (up to ‘SIL 3’) and related international safety standards, the DEB-0405 incorporates two independent hardware channels. Each channel contains the following:
- an STM32F405VG microcontroller with debug (JTAG/SWD) and trace (ETM) interfaces;
- a 16MHz crystal-based oscillator module;
- a voltage supervisor with watchdog and manual reset functions;
- a linear power supply (3.3VDC / 400mA);
- a USB-UART Interface (typically used for reporting to a laptop and / or fault injection);
- a CAN Interface with protection and on-board termination;
- a reference voltage source (3.0V ) for analogue measurements;
- a PTC-based temperature sensor;
- a 7-segment LED display with driver circuitry;
- three LEDs (red, yellow, green) for general use;
- a Power-On Reset (POR) button;
- a reset button;
- a user button;
- two 40-pin port extension connectors.
Achieving compliance with international safety standards
Use of DEB-0405 can help you to achieve compliance with key international safety standards, including:
- IEC 61508 (up to SIL 3); and,
- ISO 13849 (up to Pl e Cat 4).
Related DuplicaTTor Design Suite
DEB-0405 serves as an evaluation platform for the DuplicaTTor Design Suite DDS-0405.
DEB-0405 serves as a general-purpose evaluation platform for developers of TT systems.
Several of our public TTRDs can be used with the DEB-0405.
What else will you need to use your DEB-0405?
To make full use of your DuplicaTTor Evaluation Board or DuplicaTTor Design Suite, you will require:
- A suitable Keil* compiler (e.g. Keil MDK-ARM Essential).
- A debugger / programmer interface. For example, an ST Link v2 is a cost-effective option.
- One or two USB cables (USB-A to USB-Mini-B) to support UART/USB reporting.
- A 6V power supply.
* Other compilers that target the STM32F405 can be used with this board (but at present the code examples that we provide are written for the Keil compiler).
How to order your DEB-0405
Priced at £495 + VAT, the DEB-0405 package includes:
- a DuplicaTTor Evaluation Board (STM32F405 x 2);
- the DEB-0405 user guide (PDF);
- the DEB-0405 hardware guide with full board schematics (PDF).
Please contact us for further information or to place your order.
At this time, DuplicaTTor Evaluation Boards are available only to companies based in the EU.
A fully-customised hardware design based on your DEB prototype
Having used a DEB to explore your design concept, you need to know that you can produce a customised hardware design for your product quickly and in a cost-effective manner: working with our Development Partner, we can help you to achieve this.
- we can provide DEB designs based on any MCU family that you wish to use;
- we can add any additional features that you require to an existing DEB design
- we can provide cut-down designs (with a minimal component count) to match CorrelaTTor, DecomposiTTor or DuplicaTTor requirements.
We believe that our designs solutions are extremely cost effective.
For example, we can make modifications to the standard DEB design (to match your precise requirements) and provide you with a complete set of Altium® Designer files (with a licence to use in production) for a fee starting at approximately £2000 + VAT (including one full day of design work to customise your board).
Please contact us to discuss your requirements (without obligation).
Restrictions on the use of DEBs
At the present time, DuplicaTTor Evaluation Boards (DEBs) are available only to business customers, for use within the EU.
DEBs are intended only for internal research and development (R&D) purposes in the company that purchases the board(s).
DEBs are not designed for (and are not suitable for) use in a product that is released to consumers in any form.
DEBs are not intended to be complete in terms of product safety or environmental measures. Specifically, as they are intended solely for business R&D purposes, DEBs do not fall within the scope of the European Union directives regarding electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), restricted substances (RoHS), recycling (WEEE), FCC, CE or UL, and therefore may not meet the technical requirements of these directives or related directives in other parts of the world.
Purchase and use of a DEB requires acceptance of these usage restrictions.