DuplicaTTor® Design Suite (DDS-0405)
The DuplicaTTor® Design Suite 0405 (DDS-0405) is intended to facilitate the development of:
- industrial / machinery designs in compliance with IEC 61508 (at ‘SIL 3’) and / or ISO 13849 (at ‘Pl e’);
- vehicle designs that must meet ‘on road’ and / or ‘off road’ requirements, in compliance with ISO 26262 (at ‘ASIL D’) and / or ISO 13849 (at ‘Pl e’);
- household goods in compliance with IEC 60730 / IEC 60335 (at ‘Class C’);
- medical equipment in compliance with IEC 62304 (at ‘Class C’).
DDS-0405 can also be used to prototype civil aircraft designs in compliance with DO-178C (up to ‘DAL A’).
We provide further information about DDS-0405 on this page.
[This page was lasted updated: 2019-01-18]
The figure below illustrates an outline design for a monitoring system for use in an off-road vehicle.
Such a design can be implementated effectively using the DDS-0405.
Learn more about this example.
The DDS-0405 ‘Example Configuration’
The DDS-0405 package is based around an ‘example configuration’ (the ‘DDS-0405-EC’).
This comprehensive software framework illustrates how to create a complete ‘fail safe’ ‘Time Triggered’ (TT) design that targets two low-cost microcontrollers (MCUs).
The DDS-0405-EC targets the DEB-0405 evaluation board.
An overview of the DDS-0405-EC is provided in the figure below.
- Our customers typically use the DDS-0405 and DEB-0405 ‘out of the box’ for rapid product prototyping.
- We can help your development team to port the core DDS-0405 code to any hardware platform that is required for your product (COTS or ASIC).
- We can help your development team to adapt the full DDS-0405 platform to meet the precise needs of your application.
Meeting the requirements of international safety standards
When the DDS-0405-EC is adapted in accordance with the guidelines presented in the ‘ERES2‘ book, the DDS-0405 package is intended to facilitate the rapid development of fail-safe products in compliance with a wide range of international safety standards.
 The DuplicaTTor family is primarily intended as an effective foundation for ‘SIL 3’ and equivalent designs developed in compliance with a range of international safety standards.
 When developing ‘SIL 4’ and equivalent designs, an heterogeneous hardware platform may be required (using two different MCUs). In these circumstances the DuplicaTTor family can be employed as an effective prototyping platform (and we can provide a custom hardware platform for your product: please refer to the DEB-0405 page for further details).
 Use of the DuplicaTTor family is not recommended for ‘SIL 0’ (and equivalent) designs: please refer to ‘ERES2‘ for alternative design solutions.
 The DuplicaTTor family can be applied when developing ‘SIL 1’ / ‘SIL 2’ (and equivalent) designs but is not usually necessary: please consider a CorrelaTTor platform (presented in ‘ERES2‘) as a cost-effective alternative.
Download the DDS ‘Introduction and Applications’ guide and related documentation
For further information about the DDS-0405, please download the latest Introduction and Applications Guide.
[Latest version: DDS-0405-R001-IA-V02B (released 2019-01-18)]
For further information about the related DuplicaTTor Evaluation Board, please download the latest User Guide.
[Latest User Guide: DEB-0405-R002-UG-V01F (released 2018-06-29)]
How to order your DDS-0405
DDS-0405 is available as part of a SafeTTy Solutions™ package.
A typical 6-month ‘SafeTTy Solutions (DuplicaTTor®) Package‘ will include:
- A full DuplicaTTor Design Suite (DDS-0405);
- A full (permanent, royalty-free) ReliabliliTTy® licence (Product Licence, RTL4);
- Two DuplicaTTor Evaluation Boards (DEB-0405)
- Six copies of the ‘ERES2‘ book;
Our total fee for the above SafeTTy Solutions package is £75,000 (price quoted is in UK Pounds and may be subject to VAT).
If required, we can offer addition consultancy / design support in combination with the above package.
We offer this package on a world-wide basis.
Please contact us for further information.