Taster Days from SafeTTy Systems Ltd
Our cost-effective Taster Day programme is delivered on your company site.
Taster Days have been designed to: [i] explain how TT architectures can be used to support the engineering of safety-related embedded systems; and [ii] to allow you to determine the level of benefit that use of a TT architecture in your next project may offer for your organisation.
This page is intended to answer questions that you may have about our popular Taster Day programme.
[This page was last updated: 2018-02-19]
How are Taster Days arranged?
The key questions we are trying to answer in a Taster Day are as follows:
- Would use of a TT systems offer benefits for your organisation?
- If so, how can we best introduce a TT approach in your organisation?
Before we send you a formal quotation for your Taster Day, we will arrange an initial conference call (of around 30 minutes) to discuss your requirements.
There is no charge for this call.
If we think we can help your organisation – and you wish to proceed – we will send you a formal quotation for a Taster Day visit to your site.
How much will your Taster Day cost?
Our usual fee for running on-site Taster Days is £2000 + VAT (price quoted is in UK Pounds and may be subject to VAT depending on your location).
For Taster Days booked by 31 March 2018 (and where the Taster Day is delivered by the end of 2018), our fee will be reduced to £500 + VAT.
This fee includes:
- Two bound copies of the presentation slides (additional copies can be provided if required).
- Two copies of the ‘ERES2‘ book (additional copies can be provided if required).
- A 12-month ReliabiliTTy® Technology Evaluation Licence (RTEL), allowing you to fully investigate the techniques discussed after the event.
There may be an additional charge to cover travel / accommodation (depending on your location): any such charges will be discussed with you (and included on your formal quotation).
Who will deliver your Taster Day?
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, your Taster Day will be delivered by Dr Michael J. Pont.
How should you prepare for your Taster Day?
In order to gain most benefit from this event, we recommend that people in your organisation who are going to join the Taster Day should spend 1-2 hours before the event gaining a basic familiarity with the design of TT systems.
We offer a suite of introductory TT material (including some free training videos) that may be helpful.
What will happen on your Taster Day?
A typical Taster Day is organised as follows:
- The day is based around a 4-hour presentation about TT technology (with breaks – and plenty of time for questions).
- The presentation is followed by a discussion that will focus on your particular market sector (and the requirements of any related international safety standards).
- Our goal during this discussion is to explore the benefits that may result from the use of a TT architecture in your products.
- Optionally, we can discuss one of your existing systems in more detail during the Taster Day, in order to allow us to make more specific recommendations.*
We are happy to adapt the format and content of the Taster Day to match your requirements.
*In most cases, a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) will be signed before any such discussions take place.
What will happen after your Taster Day?
Following the Taster Day, you are under no obligation to make further purchases from SafeTTy Systems.
Where required, we can support your team as they create their first successful TT design by means of a fully-customised SafeTTy Solutions™ package.
Should you decide to purchase such a package, the fee for your Taster Day will be deducted from the SafeTTy Solutions fee.
Please contact us for further information or to arrange your initial phone discussion.